1280x1024 for i810 w/X4.1 on dell m781p monitor

Hello-

I'm having difficulty getting my dell m781p to display at 1280x1024 (several
flickering vertical lines are shown on screen). I built a 2.4 kernel w/
agpart and i810 support. The configured X using debconf and inputting the
correct Horiz and Vert scan rates for the monitor, but when I try to run
1280x1024 resolution, the flickering lines appear. The screen is fine when
run at 1024x768. Also, the monitor is fine at 1280x1024@75Hz under windows.
Is there some problem with the i810 driver at this resolution?

-Stephen