Re: PS/2 mouse

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 03:40:03AM -0700, John Joe wrote:
> i have Debian 2.2 and PS/2 mouse. the mouse works
> except the mouse pointer (the X mark) does not show.
> (it takes me a while to realize that the mouse works)

I suggest you do the following:
- install gp;
- run gpmconfig and get your mouse working in console

As options you could try:
device=/dev/psaux
repeat_type=raw
type=ps2

If you have a normal ps2 mouse...

Then:
- insert als mouse divece /dev/gpmdate in you XF86Config file
- insert the right protocolin the XF86Config file

If the above option did work try this one:Option "Protocol" "PS/2"

Make sure gpm is working under console when you try your X

Good luck
--
Rudy Gevaert - rudy@zeus.rug.ac.be  - http://www.zeus.rug.ac.be
keyserverID=24DC49C6 -  http://www.webworm.org <-- UPDATED

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come
sit next to me.  - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)