Re: Woody: apt mysteriously wants to pull in 100 MB from sid. Why?

On 7 May 2002, Mario Vukelic wrote:

> Also, especially in the release process of woody I find this highly
> inconvenient :) I would sleep better knowing that I track "woody", not
> "testing", when a new "testing" can pop up over night, and "woody"
> suddenly means "stable"

I think that third, special tree goes away for a few weeks while the
maintainers start actively grinding on unstable again, until someone
decides, "Hey, we're ready to move forward again," in which we get a new
fork off of unstable which gets called some name for a while that I
can't remember before renamed to testing, and later, stable.

--
Baloo