Re: Linksys NC100 network card

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 12:21:16AM -0500, Dr. Louis A. Turk wrote:

| Is there a Debian Linux driver for the Linksys Model NC100 v2 10/100
| Network Card?  Or should I buy a different card?  If I need a
| different card, what is the best and easiest-to-install card?

I saw one of those cards in a store.  I have no idea what chip it
really is (the picture on the box seems to show it as a "nc100" chip).
I just did a google search and found a couple people who said it
doesn't work and a couple that said it works great ('tulip' driver).

I have 2 LNE100TX cards in my machine; one is rev 2.0 the other 4.1,
both are well supported by the tulip driver.

A friend of mine has a DFE-530TX+; it works well with either the
rtl8139/819too or the tulip driver (I forget which one it was).

The NetGear cards work as well (natsemi?).  I have two EA-201 cards in
another machine (ISA bus, NE2000 driver).

It really doesn't matter which card you get as long as the chip on it
is supported by a driver.  The important part is the chip.

-D

--

A)bort, R)etry, D)o it right this time