Re: Checking hard disk for errors each time machine starts?

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Charlie Grosvenor wrote:

> Hi
>
>             I am using woody and would like my hard disk to be checked
> every time the machine starts up. How do I set it up to do this?

from tune2fs(8)

       -c max-mount-counts
              adjust  the  maximal  mounts  count   between   two
              filesystem checks.

tune2fs -c 1 /dev/hdx

And additionally

WARNING
       Never  use  tune2fs  to  change parameters of a read/write
       mounted filesystem!  Use this utility at  your  own  risk.
       You're modifying a filesystem!

Hope this works for you,

Mike