Re: OpenOffice.org & Woody

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:52:09AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Not tried it yet, but I've got another question. Why isn't openoffice
> > available via the debian mirrors? Is this because nobody ever bothered
> > to package it properly or are there some licence issues?
>
> No fundamental reason, as far as I know. From what I've gathered, it's
> just a huge amount of work and hasn't been polished enough for unstable
> yet.

A bit of both, actually.  We've only just got libgpc (non-free) out, and
Peter is still working on pulling the Java build dependency.

And as Colin says, it needs much polishing before it can go in.  We have
only had good .debs of build 641 (now 1.0) since a few weeks - it took
months to work through the build process, adding patches and workarounds as
we went along.

Chris
--
Chris Halls | Frankfurt, Germany