Re: Wal-Mart PCs revisited

On Wed May 01, 2002 at 08:17:06PM -0700, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 1 May 2002, Shawn McMahon wrote:
>
> > Or, better yet, mail the winmodem back to Wal-Mart, with a "thanks
> > anyway, bought a Courier v.Everything external on eBay for $20 instead."
>
> Better still, purchase a better modem at WalMart, put the sound card
> claiming to be a modem in the modem box, and return it saying it was
> defective for a refund.  Break even.

LOL
I love it! That's a good one.

I haven't used a modem in years, and last time I bought a custom box I
told them to leave the modem out. Hell, I figure ten bucks is ten bucks,
right, and I'll never use the thing.

When I was browsing the WalMart site looking at those boxes, I noticed
it was a winmodem and checked a few of the models, only finding
something in the higher price range that I could see specifically
mentioning a LAN. I was encouraged in reading that review, that I got
the impression maybe they all had LAN cards.
or chips.
--
-CraigW