Re: SIOCADDRT : No such device

>I have a similar porblem.
>I have upgraded it to 2.4.18 from the source code >www.kernel.org.
>And when I do ifconfig eth0, I get No such device.
>Is there a way to do it ?

Well, Thanks to Elizabeth..I made this work under my current kernel version. The problem as Elizabeth mentioned was that my network card was not bound to eth0.
Thus ifconfig was not showing any eth0.
I thus did
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 192.168.2.36 netmask 255.255.255.0

Then I gave my route commands for Gateway etc and everything is fine now.
Thanks
Kapil