Re: smb.conf problem

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 10:18, Martin A. Hansen wrote:

Hi

I see you have "security = user " in the global settings, but not on
share. I you want to use the option "securety = share" then you most
likely need to hack the regestry on the winbox.
Try to either remove the option "securety = " on the share, or use
"securety=share".
I also have a mixed environment with windows and debian, and you can
either use securety=share and set the permission on files and folders on
the samba server, or you can use the global settings security=user, but
then you also need to add the users to samba, that is going to access
the debianbox from form windows.

Use also man smb.conf :)
Hope this help

/ernst