Re: Windows 98 question - OT

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:21:47 -0400
"infotechsys" <infotechsys@pivot.net> wrote:

> I have a friend that has Windows 98  installed
> on her computer and she can't remember her
> password. Is there anyway that she can get
> around this? I don't know anything about Window.
> Thanks for your time and help.

While this is rather off-topic, the solution is rather simple.  Since
Win98 has no security (it may give a vague impression of security, but
that all it is), to get by the password prompt simply press the ESC key.
Also, you can simply type in a new user name and password to be granted
access as that new user (you can even leave the password blank).  Unless
your friends system has policies activate (which is unlikely) the above
should work.  If your friend has enabled user profiles, they may not see
the same desktop as before, but all the information is still readily
available on their drive.

--
Jamin W. Collins