Unidentified subject!

im running debian 2.2 kernel 2.2.19. im trying to
setup my computer as a dialin server with ppp and
everthing. I got the slip account to work meaning that
when someone dials in from a windows machine and open
a terminal they can run a shell and login. I then
configured the shell account to run pppd with the
following command line "pppd -detach" I also put the
follwing line in the options.device file (in my case
it was called options.modem) 192.168.0.1:192.168.0.30
According to the the pppd documentatio adding this
line will set my local ppp0 device addresst to
192.168.0.1 and the remote machine device to
192.168.0.30 .I also disabled any chap or pap
authentication(using -pap -chap)
  I setup the windows machine dialup connection so
that the sever type is SLIP Unix server  and so that
it starts the terminal as soon as the connection is
established. Now everythig works, the windows user
logs into the account the shell starts to display the
ppp garbage, but for somereason when the windows user
presses continue it asks him to put an IP, when he
does the connection icons appear at the task bar and
everything appears to work fine. On my end pppd (the
one started by the shell) times out during LCP
negotiations so I dont have any ppp device
established.
Any body got anyidea what the problem is?
I tried compiling the kernel with the IP forwardin
option(IP advanced routing) but it made no difference)
Also how do I specify in the options file the 2 DNS
addresses that the other peer is supposed to used.