Re: Windows 98 question.

infotechsys wrote:
Hi,
I have a friend that has Windows 98  installed
on her computer and she can't remember her
password. Is there anyway that she can get
around this? I don't know anything about Window.
Thanks for your time and help.
Wayne

Win98 questions on a Debian list - tsk tsk . . . .

Boot into Command Prompt Only mode (F8 just after the POST - I believe Win98 still allows this option).

Find the file named "USERNAME.pwl", where USERNAME is the name she logs in with. Rename or delete this file; reboot. She'll be asked for a new password when she logs in.

Or at least that's how it works with Win95.

Kent