Re: Newbie C programming question - OT

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 09:10:42PM +0100, Patrick Kirk wrote:

> I'm trying to teach myself C and am writing as little PIM to go with
> mutt in console mode.
>
> 1. Is there a C programming tutor list that's recommended?
> 2. Does anyone know of a ncurses C program that really uses forms
> and is well commented?

Yikes.

You're learning C and ypu started with a curses/forms app?
Curses (and esp the SysV form stuff) is getting to be pretty
arcane stuff these days. There are a few people that know it
well, but not too many. There's a CD ripper front-end named
mp3c that has a pretty nice ncurses UI (but I don't think it
uses the forms library).  I've done a little with ncurses and
CDK, but nothing with the forms library.  You probably ought to
ask in comp.os.linux.development.apps.  I assume you've already
looked at http://dickey.his.com/ncurses/...

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com