Re: Unidentified subject!

Keith,

The problem you have is real, and unfortunate.  I'm not sure this is the
reason, but I've found that upgrading to a new kernel means you have to
add modules for the same functionality as before.  Whereas certain modules
were compiled in the earlier kernel, the new kernel is more modular.

In the long run, we'll all benefit from the modular approach.  In the
short term it's a problem.  On the otherhand unless you have a compelling
need for a newer kernel stick with what works.

--
Sincerely,

David Smead
http://www.amplepower.com.