Merging ps files

Hi,

I'd like to merge some ps files into one. Well, actually, if I could do the same thing of pdf files, that would be better.

I have tried using the psmerge; but it seems that it works only on ps files without images in it. Is there any simple tool that can do just that...?

BTW, ps2pdf seems to "compress" the images included in the ps files using "heavy compress" option on jpeg compression, so that the images look blurred. Is there any way to improve this? (ie: some command line options that I could use ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Oki