Re: Converting mbox -> maildir

* Paul 'Baloo' Johnson (baloo@ursine.dyndns.org) [020428 02:57]:
> On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Vineet Kumar wrote:
>
> > I'd use maildir -- but then again, I always use maildir. =) I think the
> > reason you give below is a pretty good one. Any good reason to use mbox?
> > Not afaics, unless you're running out of inodes.
>
> So how do you convert?  Exim mta, procmail are in use, as is IMAP and
> POP3 service.  What are the things to look out for?

I'm not sure what you're asking; you're using mbox now and would like to
switch to maildir? I think the biggest obstacle will probably be your
POP3/IMAP servers - depending on which servers you're running, they may
not speak maildir at all. Exim and procmail have no such qualms. (Or did
you mean you use POP3 and IMAP clients to fetch mail? In that case, it's
not significant; exim and/or procmail will be doing the delivering
anyway.)

I can help you better if you'll give some more info about your current
mail "flow".

good times,
Vineet
--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume.shtml