Trouble with Eterm

Hi,

I have some problems with Eterm after an upgrade on 2002-04-22.
Startup of Eterm takes 13 seconds, themes had a wrong version,
terminal setting errors while sshing to other machines.
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200204/msg03974.html)

I fixed the theme version by hand, but all other problems stayed with
me. I filed a bug, talked to Eterm's developer; he found in my trace
files that the delay is spend in X, namely in XCreateFontSet().
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=144528)
Note that the error didn't show in Eterm 0.9.1.

Today I again apt-get-upgraded in the feeble hope that my problems
would stop. To the contrary:
- My fixed theme was overwritten unannounced. This was easily fixed.
- I get a failed assert:
- - - Schnipp - - -
hde@acp1575> Eterm                                                                                                                                          ~
Eterm:  Warning:  ASSERT failed in bbar_draw() at /tmp/eterm-0.9.2/src/buttons.c:823:  bbar != NULL
Eterm:  Error:  Received terminal signal SIGSEGV (11)
Eterm:  Error:  Attempting to dump a stack trace....
- - - Schnapp - - -
(No core, possibly because of ulimit. I can't find where this is set.)
I filed a bug for that.

I really only miss a single thing: The slightest clue what's going on.
Can somebody tell me where to start looking or reading?

My homework for tonight are APT User Guide and APT Howto (Rats, I got
the pick axe book today. That will have to wait), because I want to
know more about what's going on during an upgrade. However, I don't
think that the upgrade process in itself mauled my system.

Thorsten
--
He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction
himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his