Re: how to create a link of another directory in home directory ...2

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 08:39:02PM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> begin  Eric G. Miller quotation:
> >
> > And, in the context of using "ln", your point is?
>
> That question is unanswerable, because it contains a faulty assumption.

And the faulty assumption is?  The OP was asking about linking to an
existing directory and wanted to know the difference between symbolic
and hard links.  My original statement about avoiding hard links was
made in that context.  Being pedantic about the fact that all filesystem
entries have a least one hard link is ignoring the context of the
discussion and why it might be preferable to use symlinks vs. hard
links to existing filesystem entries.  If you want to address the merits
of such arguments, fine.  But I don't see any benefit in pursuing this
tangent any further.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>