bootcdwrite is great

I haven't seen very much stuff about this on the net, but the debian package 'bootcd'
works really really well.

I created a 650M partition on my HD with X Windows (using Blackbox) and some tools like xfm, nano,... and was able to put it on a CD and actually boot to it and use it.

I have been playing around for awhile to create my own version of a rescue CD with X support
and this is the first attempt that actually worked.

Not sure on some things yet. Like first boot just got to console, and saw a compaint about not being able to find the floppy, so just stuck a floopy in and next boot X came up just like normal when I boot the same system I made on the HD partition. It is a little slower using the CDROM though.

Will have to play with some stuff like fstab to make it always see my other partitions after booting off CD so I can actually rescue them. Note, could probably just edit it in ram each time, but haven't tried that yet. From reading the notes, I think this is where the floppy actually take account for changes.

Just wanted to get it out there that this package actually works great on something that I have had no
luck at before.

Dave