Re: What happens if run out of HD space during apt-get update?

"Paul F. Pearson" <ppearson@hiwaay.net> writes:

> On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Vineet Kumar wrote:
>
> > * Paul Pearson (Paul.Pearson@trw.com) [020425 16:10]:
> > > space. However, how can I tell the tools to reconfigure what was just
> > > installed? I don't know which packages were updated (there were about
> > > 43, I think).
> >
> > dpkg --configure --pending
>
> Tried this today, and nothing happened. Could this be because I did an
> 'apt-get clean', just to recover some space (probably not the best thing
> to do)? Or does the silence imply that everything wen OK, even though my
> HD was 100% full?

It means there are no packages pending configuration, meaning any
package that was unpacked was configured successfully.  So, your
system is probably in good shape.

'apt-get clean' just removes all the packages you've downloaded (in
/var/cache/apt/archives/), so you'll have to re-download all those
updated packages.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>