Re: How to keep Woody update when not in stable release?

Patrick Hsieh <pahud@pahud.net> writes:

> Hello list,
>
> Since all the official Debian security announcements are for Potato only,
> how can I keep my Woody up to date? Shoud I grab the patch myself and
> rebuild my patched .deb?

Normally security updates appear in sid/unstable at approximately the
same time they appear in the security updates for potato, so it's
normally easier to simply manually grab the new debs from there rather
than rebuild them yourself.

Otherwise, the fixed packages will usually drop into woody in a few
days anyway.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>