Re: sendmail half-works (more data)

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, dman wrote:

> | It sounds like linuxconf has severely fscked your setup !
>
> Hmm, I'm not too surprised by that.  I know linuxconf works on RH[1],
> but I haven't heard much about it on Debian.  In fact, it wrote
> /etc/conf.modules on that woody (but 2.2 kernel) system!

Its been a long time since I looked at the RH setup, and then it was
8.10 or so... I doubt linuxconf knows about newer sendmail setups ;(

> If I did that I'd install exim instead.  The other admin uses
> linuxconf on RH to manage sendmail.  I don't want to learn a new
> turing-complete language just to deliver mail!

No need to, sendmail.mc is fairly trivial these days...  no need
to learn rewriting rules unless you're a masochist!

> However, could you send me a detailed description of your sendmail
> system?  Things like 'ls -l' on all sendmail files and spools, etc.
> That way I can compare it to this system and see what went wrong.  At
> least I could (maybe) manually correct it and/or submit a bug report
> to the linuxconf people.

you might be able to get by with running
	/usr/share/sendmail/update_sendmail
it (and the toys it calls) will reset almost all priviledges.

If that doesn't work for you, send me a note & we'll get 'er going.

--
Rick Nelson
<aav> coffee on an empty stomach is pretty nasy