Re: amd

> i see... now ya cheating a little bit...
> nothing tricky eh ... as originally posted...

I apologize for being misleading. I was having trouble getting amd to do
even the simple stuff, so I started with that. Turns out the failover
configuraion is easy, once you're over the initial hurdle.

> autofs is supposed to be able to do so also in autofs-4

Good to know; I would certainly prefer to work with a simple and more
actively supported tool. What about direct mounts? I don't want to confuse
my users by having ls sometimes return a listing and sometimes not.