Re: fn keys in FX270

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 15:57, David Poisson wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> 	Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> 	I just went in console and I didn't get any error messages in the
> kernel. Although, when I hit FN+F5, I did get a list of FN functions
> that are supported by the laptop and my cdrom did eject when I came
> across FN+F10. Although my sound keys don't work.

Some keys may be 'hardwired' into the bios, and therefore never get to
the OS (either linux or windows).

My laptop has some as well... like 'screen stretch' and 'switching
between lcd and vga'. Your volume and eject buttons might just be
hardwired to the volume control and the cd's eject function.

The eject might not work if mounted, because it's locked then :)

--
Mark Janssen   Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @
SyConOS IT