Re: jigdo question

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> begin Haroldo Stenger <hstenger@adinet.com.uy>
> > Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > begin Haroldo Stenger <hstenger@adinet.com.uy>
> > > i suspect people aren't use jigdo yet.  i'm the first person to try
> > > it from our user group, and we have some pretty hard core debian
> > > fans in the group.
> > >

> > Yes, this must be the case. It happens that many people are long time
> > Debian users, and don't need to make fresh full CD images of woody,
> > they just use apt-get and turn their systems into full blown woody/sid
> > ones. Just the ones of us who need to install in many computers and
> > haven't bought images somewhere *need* jigdo.
>
> we (the linux users' group of davis) need the woody images.  we hold
> monthly installfests, but don't have net connections where the IF's take
> place.

[snip]

I tried using jigdo to build a CD image, b/c I only have dialup at home,
and wanted to put Woody on my new PC. I tried doing it from a Windows NT
box here at work, and on a Woody PPC box. Neither worked.I can't remember
the problems I had (it should be in the list archives). jigdo sounds
really cool, b/c it took *hours* to download an iso; I believe it would've
taken < 1 hour if I'd used jigdo.

--
Paul F. Pearson (ppearson@hiwaay.net)     http://home.hiwaay.net/~ppearson/
"Lord heal our land. Father heal our land. Hear our cry and turn our nation