Re: mounting a disk image

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> [2002.04.24.1515 +0200]:
> how can i mount partitions from that image? any info other than
> http://bochs.sourceforge.net/doc/docbook/user/x1092.htm is highly
> appreciated. i don't know cylinder and sector sizes...

the images told me that i was dealing with a 214Mb and a 540Mb disk,
and the internet gave me a clue wrt the CHS geometry. so then i did

  mount -o loop,offset=xxxxx file.img /mnt

where xxxxx is the product of CHS sectors/cylinder with bytes/sector,
which i found to be 512.

i suceeded...

"for art to exist,
 for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist,
 a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."
                                                -- friedrich nietzsche