Re: Kernel panic: NO INIT FOUND, but seems to be there.

#include <hallo.h>
Alessandro Ghigi wrote on Mon Apr 22, 2002 um 03:08:40AM:

> partition on the hard disk: /sbin/init is there and is ok (I have
> replaced it with a copy from another  system), and also inittab looks
> ok. But the original root partition still does not work and gives the
> same message.

Try following:

 - boot the installation system
 - go to the second console (Alt-F2)
 - mount /dev/yourpartition /mnt
 - chroot /mnt
 - ldd /sbin/init
 - /sbin/init --help

Sometimes, the hardware (read: harddisk or IDE controller) break and
damages the init binary or important system libs. Try to run
"e2fsck -c /dev/yourpartition". Then setup the network and run
"apt-get --reinstall install libc6 sysvinit bash" in the chroot
environment.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
"Und deshalb sollte man ja auch immer _alle_ Editoren installieren:  XEmacs
_und_ Vim."                                                  -- Sven Guckes