Re: Q's on backup to CD-R

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 05:43:31PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> I'm trying to do a fairly comprehensive system backup to CD-R.  The
> amount I have to backup is much larger than the free space on the
> system, which in turn is larger than a CD-R.
[...]
> The problem is a lot of the stuff doesn't address the peculiarities of
> CD-R.
[...]

If you're running testing or unstable you might look at mondo:

 Mondo uses afio as the backup engine.

 Mondo creates ISO images of your data to make a full backup of your
 system. It also makes the CDs to autorun and gives you several options
 to restore your system.

 In the event of catastrophic data loss, you may restore some or all
 of your system from those CDs, even if your hard drives are now
 blank.

HTH
dt
--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all