Re: NIS+ in sid?

"Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net> writes:

> I'm putting my desktop on the work network and we are currently using
> NIS+, soon to be LDAP (possibly).  At any rate, I need to do some
> testing on the NIS+ environment and am looking for NIS+ packages.  Do
> they exist?  /var/lib/dpkg/available doesn't help too much.

NIS+ packages are not currently in the normal distribution. See
  http://www.linux-nis.org/nisplus/index.html
for general information about NIS+ on linux, and add
   deb http://www.realbodo.de/ debian/
to your sources list for apt-able debian packages. These are potato
packages, but they work fine on our woody machines. However I see
there is now also a subdir labelled woody.

--

  Gilbert Laycock                 email:          gtl1@mcs.le.ac.uk
  Maths and Computer Science,     http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk/~glaycock