Lilo and Geometry

Hi,

I have just upgraded three low to mid range machines at home to woody, and they are all working just fine (mostly). I noticed something which whilst it is not causing a problem made me think I should be doing something to sort it out. I updgaded to 2.4.18 at the same time and noticed that when I ran lilo on the main machine ir told me;

Warning: Int 0x13 function 8 and function 0x48 return different head/sector geometries for BIOS drive 0x81

Another machine gave the same error message for drives 0x80, 0x81 ans 0x82, but the oldest machine with the 1Gb drive gave no error message at all!

What is this telling me? Is it a problem?

Keith

 Keith O'Connell
 Maidstone, Kent. (UK)
 keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk