Re: KDM Path

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 02:57:30PM -0400, Quenten Griffith wrote:
> Seems when one uses KDM it no longer reads the paths out of
> /etc/profliles or ~/.bash_profile or .bashrc.  Where is KDM getting the
> paths?  I need to add a path System wide to a program, and I use KDM at
> start up thanks.

KDM has nothing to do with being run out of a shell environment. The
.bashrc file will be read every time you fire up a shell, for example if
you started up konsole or xterm. For an example, try adding the line
"xterm" inside your .bashrc and fire up konsole and see it fire up an
xterm, which fires up another xterm and so on :-}.

AFAIK KDM is not getting the $PATH variable, it doesn't need it!

Which program are you trying to add the path to? How do you execute this
program? What's the path you want to add?

-Andy