Re: Adding kernel modules after install

On Sun, 2002-04-21 at 19:32, Pollywog wrote:
> On 2002.04.21 18:27 Peter Whysall wrote:
>
> > You could do your make (x|menu)config to select what you'd forgotten,
> > then do:
> >
> > # make dep clean modules modules_install
> >

> You mean:
>
> make dep ; make clean ; make modules ; make modules_install     ?

Nope. As posted, is what I meant. You can feed all the targets to make
at once.

> > Disclaimer : this has worked for me. YMMV.
> >
> > If you're like me and have fallen under the spell of make-kpkg, you'd do
> > this:
> >
> > make-kpkg modules
> >

> I do make-kpkg modules_image
>
>     is that wrong?

I don't think so, but that re-makes the kernel too, which is a bit
pointless if you're just adding a module for a NIC.

I don't claim (nor should you think) that I'm some kind of expert on the
kernel build process - this is just what has been observed to work for
me whilst doing what the original poster wanted, which was to add a
kernel module that had been forgotten.

Take care,

Peter.
--