Re: Bug in xfree86-xserver setup?

* Sridhar M.A. (mas@uomphysics.net) spake thusly:
> Hi,
>
> Just today when apt-get upgrade installed the new version of
> xfree86-xserver in testing (4.1.0-16), I could not start X. It was
> looking for Nvidia chipsets. This appeared strange and on checking I
> found that the installation script retained almost every entry in my
> XF86Config-4 file and strangely changed the driver entry from mga to nv.
> It also removed one of the font paths. Should it not retain the old
> entries? It was funny looking at the config file: Card identification is
> Matrox G200, but the driver is nv :-)

If anyone out there still thinks dexconf was a good idea,
they ought to have their head examined.

Sridhar, chattr +i XF86Config-4 is your friend.

Dima
--
Q276304 - Error Message: Your Password Must Be at Least 18770 Characters
and Cannot Repeat Any of Your Previous 30689 Passwords           -- RISKS 21.37