Re: rh7.1 -> r2.2r5 (cd) or 2.2r6

begin  Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine quotation:

> I've a machine on which I've installed rh7.1. I'd like to switch distos.
>
> The cd rom is failing, so a solution that uses the net would be nice,
> with or without the use of boot floppies.
>
> The underlying kernel is 2.5.8, which I can bump down (or up) vastly
> easier than I can replace all the userland bits of the distros.

Is there a question in all of that, that I just can't see?

If it's "can I install Debian without a CD", the answer is "yes, using a
boot floppy."

--
Shawn McMahon                    | McMahon's Laws of Linux support:
http://www.eiv.com               | 1) There's more than one way to do it