Re: Problem installing SMC 8013wc NIC

> > I may have access to a number of these similarly configured
> Compaq
> > systems, and would like to try them on a Debian network of
> inexpensive
> > computers, so I am hoping to find a fix using the SMC card.  Any
> help
> > would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Can't you just copy the kernel (and the modules, if any) from your
> slackware system and use that instead of the stock debian kernel?
>
> --
> Note that I use Debian version 3.0
> Linux emac140 2.4.17 #1 sön feb 10 20:21:22 CET 2002 i686 unknown
>
> Hans Ekbrand

I don't have a slackware system.  I just have the their net.i utility on
a floppy disk to give me a little info on the network card.  It was
recommended in an article.  I've also read that if Debian won't install
the drivers for the network card that you can go to the rc.modules file
and un-comment the line for that particular card, but I can't seem to
find that file with the "whereis" command.  I guess I'll keep on looking.
 Thanks for asking, though.

Randy