Re: Printing to Windows

On 19-Apr-2002 Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> Hi
>
> Wich print system would you suggest me to print to a Windows machine from my
> Debian system. Wich one is the simpliest or the one with the most features?
>:-)

if I understand you right you have a printer connected to a Windows machine
physically (printer cable, USB, etc) and want to print to that printer from
Linux.  Correct?  If so you need at a minimum samba.  This lets Linux talk to
Windows and get shared components.  After that is configured you can use any
standard Linux print controller -> lpr, lprng, cups, whatever.