Re: make-kpkg

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 05:04, dave mallery wrote:

> question:  can i simply: dpkg -r kernel-image-2.4.18_custom1.0_i386.deb ??
>

> it needs to be obliterated, since it can't use the monitor.  will the
> above -r also re-arrange my /etc/lilo.conf? or do i have to do that by
> hand?

You can just remove the kernel package using dpkg or apt, but then, as far as
I know you will have to edit your lilo.conf to point to the kernel that you
want to boot with and then run lilo (ie as root enter the command lilo). I
generally use the command dpkg --purge "package name" in order to remove any
configuration files for the package as well.