Upgrade to Woody

Thanks to all who provided helpful hints on moving from potato to woody.
While documentation is good, suggestions by people who have done it are
icing on the cake.

I was able to do it today with minimal problems.  The only problem that I
saw was on apache, which wasn't in the potato release, but something I'd
installed later.

I started with the go-woody script and every time it stopped I did a
dselect update, apt-get distr-upgrade until nothing was downloaded. I
deleted the prior apache configs, did an apt-get install apache and it
came in and installed, so I'm not sure what the original upgrade problem
was.

The major stuff I use like apache, Python, gcc, LaTeX, gv, xfig, and
LaTeX2html all appear to work.

BTW, today marks an anniversary for me - one week ago today I downloaded
the two boot floppies and did the first net install.

--
Sincerely,

David Smead
http://www.amplepower.com.