Re: net connect problem, sleep?

Hello again, Ron Johnson, Jr. !

Last night i didn't  remember from where APM ist used, but hoped you could
find something about in the Kernel-Doku ( or simply reading the
config-informations with 'menuconfig' ).
Additionally here is one more piece about that ( but there may be more
instances to check ). It's my /etc/XF86Config-4 :

# Global Options:
Section "ServerFlags"
	Option		"AllowMouseOpenFail"
	Option		"BlankTime"	"5"
	Option		"StandbyTime"	"10"
EndSection

#...APM-Options need to be enabled in Section Monitor:

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Generic Monitor"
	VendorName	"Iiyama"
	ModelName	"S900MT1"
	HorizSync	30-95
	VertRefresh	50-160
# Power Management:
	Option		"DPMS"

Though I don't see how Monitor-Options can affect your network-connection.
Usually, you could specify 'reanimating' actions for the down-powered system
in the BIOS, like Mouse, Keyboard, HD-Activity - perhaps there's an advanced
option for your network-port ?

It needs some Sekonds for the HD to get ready again - this may demand
increasing 'out-time'.

--
Michl.