Re: Gnus&&XEmacs

    "Christian" == Christian Jaeger <christian.jaeger@sl.ethz.ch> writes:

    Christian> Does anyone actually use Gnus under
    Christian> xemacs21-gnome(-nomule)?

I've used GNUS to read email in xemacs for at least two years now. On
a Solaris box, and xemacs21-nomule on this Debian system. It's a
mystery each time I get it working, but I do get it to work somehow
every time. And then I forget everything I learned. I wish it was
easier.

Heres what I have (well most of it) in my ~/.gnus file - I hope it
some help. I use nnfolder, so it might be a little different. You
might want to try debian-emacsen for help.....

Cheers!
Shyamal

;;; -*- Mode: Emacs-Lisp -*-

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "myserver.net"))
(setq gnus-post-method '(nntp "myserver.net"))
(setq gnus-use-sc t)
(setq message-cite-function 'sc-cite-original)
(setq gnus-local-domain "mydomain.net")
(setq gnus-local-organization "")
(setq gnus-use-generic-from t)
(setq gnus-show-threads t)
(setq gnus-thread-hide-subject t)
(setq gnus-default-article-saver 'gnus-summary-save-in-mail)

;; Mail stuff
(setq mail-sources '((directory :path "/home/shyamal/Mail/spool/")))

(require 'nnfolder)

(defun turn-off-backup ()
  "Turn off backup of a file"
  (set (make-local-variable 'backup-inhibited) t))
(add-hook 'nnfolder-save-buffer-hook 'turn-off-backup)

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnfolder "mail"
		  (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/")
		  (nnfolder-get-new-mail t))))