Re: getting CUPS to work.

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 05:19, dman wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 10:25:38PM -0700, Patrick Lane wrote:
> | I have a HP DeskJet 880C. I installed CUPS, configured the printer. The
> | CUPS server shows all test pages as being printed, however, the printer
> | receives no data.
>
> That's a parallel port printer and plugged directly into the parallel
> port?
>
> What does
>     echo "test" >> /dev/lp0
> do?
>
> | The output of 'lpinfo -v' is as follows:
>
> Where did you get this command?  I don't have it on my system.
>
> -D

echo "test" >> /dev/lp0 prints out "test" on a piece of paper. Is there
anyway that CUPS is not using lp0? I also have vmware setup to use lp0,
it prints fine from winxp (albeit very slow). lpinfo was installed on my
system, I have no idea what package it was installed with. I am running
sid with kernel 2.4.18