Re: Intermittent System Lockup (long)

> Originally, I suspected the problem had something to do with system
load
> and that it was simply happening more often with Mozilla due to the
load
> that Mozilla placed on the system.  Then I suspected that the problem
> might be memory related and only showing itself when the system was
using
> large amounts of memory.  I have however tested the system's memory
using
> MemTest, and found no problem.

Probably a good guess.  I had a system with bad memory that passed the
memtest86 program.  Try compiling a kernel a few times in a row and see
if you get a sig11.  Also, look at the sig11 faq (
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ ).  I was lucky in that I could reliably
get a sig11 during a kernel compile so I could then test different
configurations, etc.  For me, it was simply a matter of moving the RAM
around (again, lucky).

Jamie Strandboge

--
Email:        jstrand1@rochester.rr.com