Re: xscreensaver

on Tue, Apr 16, 2002, craigw (craigw@lvcm.com) wrote:
> On Tue Apr 16, 2002 at 10:13:10AM -0300, Marcelo Leal wrote:
> > what the command line for lock the screen with xscreensaver ???
> > i use xlock, but the xscreensaver is more cool than that one...
> > when i execute xscreensaver, appears that dialog box....
> > thanks!

> You have to start the daemon first with either of these:
> xscreensaver & (the demo/prefs popup & go away)
> xscreensaver -no-splash &
>
> Then you can make a screensaver start right away with various optons:
> xscreensaver-command -lock
> xscreensaver-command -next
> xscreensaver-command -activate      (random)
> etc

In a suitable window manager, you can then bind the "lock screen"
command to a key combination.  I have a majick three-finger salute that
activates xscreensaver for me, damned convenient.  I find this more
useful than, say, an icon button.

Peace.

   Iomega:  click of death, Jaz Junk, and now, NAS?  Not!
     http://www.google.com/search?q=iomega+jaz+drive+failure