Re: Why was Galeon droped from STABLE?

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 08:49:00AM -0400, stan wrote:
| Subject line says it all.

Nothing is ever dropped from stable, and galeon was never in stable.
It was dropped from woody because it doesn't meet the requirements to
be in woody (if it ever was in woody, which I'm not sure of).

| This is the best browser out there tofay & I have production machines on
| testing that I don't want to mess with unstable peices for, so now dselect
| is trying to remove my browser :-(

See what conflicts with the version you have and work around it.  This
is the sort of thing that happens with bleeding-edge software that has
many dependencies.  This is why galeon isn't in woody.  If you try and
upgrade mozilla-browser or any of its components, you might end up
removing galeon because it depends on certain versions of them.

-D

--

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
soul?  Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?