Re: SSH Server

On  0, curtis <curtis@npc-usa.com> wrote:
> I can't figure this out. I've gone over the MAN pages, but still have no
> clue.
>
> Apparently when I installed SSH on my computer, it prompted me as to
> whether it would be a server or not. I stupidly replied 'NO'. Well, now
> I want it to provide SSH Server option, but I can't figure out how to
> enable it. A final solution I thought would work was to uninstall it and
> reinstall. Nope, it tells you that it was configured without Server
> support, and mentions a file: sshd_no_server_option or something like
> that. Actually, I figure in the end delete that file and then maybe
> it'll work. Still, it is not working.
>
> Any help?

dpkg-reconfigure -s -p low ssh

will run you through the same configuration as you got at install.

The uninstall-install thing doesn't work because uninstall doesn't get
rid of configurations.  You needed to purge the packages.  This is
acheived with '_' in dselect or 'apt-get --purge remove ssh'.

HTH
Tom
--
Tom Cook

"That you're not paranoid does not mean they're not out to get you."
	- Robert Waldner

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au