Re: OT: Linux on Walmart's systemless computers

> the same product in china for the same proportionate dollar value, i've got
> no problem with them. if the median income in the u.s. is indeed $36,000 and
> their pc costs $500, then i hope that they make it available to those who
> make $3600 a year for $50. if that's proveably not the case, get back to me.

Well, price fixing of this sort is absolutely not what free trade is
supposed to achieve.  In fact, when contrarian economists sit down to
prove that 'free trade' as its currently defined isn't working like its
supposed to this is always a major argument.  There are far too few
companies controlling distribution and as a result consumers still pay far
more than they should and produces get paid far less than they deserve.

Britton