Installation Trouble

hi,

i just purchased the "Debian Linux Unleashed" by SAMS publishing, and it came with a copy of Debian GNU/Linux 2.2r2.

it booted off the CD and was fine until i saw an error message that says "Keyboard = AT Keyboard not present?" something like that anyway.

then more gibberish very quickly, and the screen changes to one with color and a DOS-like window talking abt the introduction to Debian. The word "Continue" is highlighted in the center of the window near the bottom. problem is, my keyboard and mouse doesn't seem to work. i couldn't hit enter to go on to the next screen, nor could i use the mouse to click on the "Continue" button.

my keyboard is a PS/2 keyboard, and i've read the installation docs. it didn't talk abt the keyboard type at the boot prompt. the closest i read was "bootkbd=qwerty/us" which didn't work when i tried.

Specs for my box are as follows:
Processor: Intel Celeron 900MHz
Motherboard: Asus TUA266
Memory: 256MB DDR