Re: java

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Ted wrote:

> Bob Underwood wrote:
> >
> > On Saturday 13 April 2002 09:38, Ted wrote:
> > > Hi..
> > > Could anyone let me have the sources lis address for the blackdown
> > > java and is there a file anywhere of preferred sources ???
> > > Regards
> > >   Ted Wager
> >
> > deb ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/debian
> > woody non-free
> >
> > --
> HI...
> I pasted the line into /etc/apt/apt.sources and doing an update tells
> me E: Malformed line 18 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist)

I see that your immediate problem is solved, but I hope this helps you,
and others, with your sources.list.

Make sure the *entire* line (starting at 'deb' and ending with 'non-free'
is on one line in your sources.list. Email programs like to add newlines
which don't belong in the sources.list

Hope this helps.

--
Paul F. Pearson (ppearson@hiwaay.net)     http://home.hiwaay.net/~ppearson/
"Lord heal our land. Father heal our land. Hear our cry and turn our nation