Re: User's perspective on upgrading to kernel 2.4?

> > Please note you'll have to upgrade many packages in order to keep
> > using them with a 2.4 kernel, I recall now of pppd but there are
> > others. Check the docs in the kernel tarball.
>
> No, he's already running woody, which supports kernel 2.4 natively.
> Only when running potato are package upgrades necessary.

Please excuse me, I must have been reading the original post not very
carefully... in fact, I was surprised nobody mentioned this issue in
the previous answers. Silly of me.

--
Daniel Toffetti     ---     'There is no spoon...' - The Matrix

Running the bleeding edge Debian Sid version 3.0
Linux luni 2.4.13 #1 SMP Sun Oct 28 18:30:53 ART 2001 i686 unknown