Re: upgrade to ext3 ?

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 02:53:48AM -0700, David Wright wrote:

> >I think ext3 *must* be compiled into the kernel, not as a module, if you
> >want / to be ext3
>
> Oh, yes, this is certainly correct. (I never thought about this because
> I've never thought to use ext3 for /). And, based on my experience with
> the stock 2.4.18-k7, I would assume that none of the Debian stock
> kernels compile in ext3 support static-ly.

You can put it in an initrd as well. You just have to make sure it gets
loaded before ext2. I don't remember exactly how it's done, but you have
to list the module in one of mkinitrd's configfiles, IIRC.

[looks]

Yes, it's in /etc/mkinitrd/modules. It's comments are pretty clear.

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux mus 2.4.17mvz4 #1 Fri Mar 15 23:30:15 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Matijs van Zuijlen